Friday, January 15, 2010

How should I prepare myself before going to the salon for a pedicure?

What do they do at a pedicure, besides applying nail polish? I don't wear nail polish, so I'm going to tell them that. But, would there be a point of getting a pedicure done if I'm not getting my nails done?


Please advise.


I'm almost 23, but doing it for the very first time.





Does a pedicure feel ticklish? How long does it last?How should I prepare myself before going to the salon for a pedicure?
Shave your legs and wear sandals that have open toes. Wear


a skirt or shorts or pants that roll up easily. The mani/pedicurist


will soak your feet in a warm bath, then she/he will trim your nails,


work on your cuticles and buff off your callouses on the bottom of your feet. They usually give you a massage of your feet, sometimes up your calf, then will moisturize your legs and feet with


a lotion. After all that, they will usually apply a polish to your nails.


Its not ticklish, feels pretty good. Remember to tip your


manicurist, depending on the rate. In my area, a pedicure is


around $20-25 and usually a tip is from $3-5.How should I prepare myself before going to the salon for a pedicure?
your feet get soaked.... massaged... and they talk crap about you in Vietnamese. lol.
they will soften your feet and cleanse the nail area, massage maybe and remove dead cells. Tell them not to cut off cuticles, only to gently push them. It is fun!
just have clean feet, you don't have to get a polish, just the pedicure, it tickles alittle when they scrub, it lasts about 2 weeks, and its very relaxing.
:%26gt; It last for the most-- 1 month but not advicible to get your nails coated for such a long period.. They will get drowned. Moreover, I understand that it is not very cheap for 1 seesion. Think twice before you go.





If you are just going for the softening, cleaning and shaping (for either hands or legs), not for putting all the coatings and flowerings.. then it is advisible. Good for your nails.





For the person like you (do not like to put on even nail polish), just ';dress'; you nails beautifully when needed i mean got any special function as... it is more worthy~*





After you try it, then you will love it. Have a try ;%26gt;





I'm 20. Went for pedicure once every couple of months. Just for the maintainance, cleaning and shaping as well. Of course they adviced me to put on the basic protective shields :)





Experience it yourself..





Answering to your Question: What you should prepare before going to the salon.. ONLY 1 thing : $$. %26amp; that all :%26gt;


Enjoy youselve*
If you shave your legs do so a day before so you won't be sensitive to all the massage and such. You soak your feet in warm water possibly in a massaging foot bath. Your nails are trimmed/shaped, cuticles pushed back, calouses removed (best with a file and not the razor thing some places use), some scrubs may also be used to exfolitate your skin and then a massage. I would recommend that you try a color on your toes, you may like the look. There are so many to choose and if the weather is nice where you live they look great in sandals! Wear comfortable clothes and pants should be easy to roll up to just below your knees. I don't think they are ticklish but then again i am not at all ticklish. If you are concerned mention it to the tech and she can be more firm with her touch. I like to go to a salon where I can be understood in my native language but you may not find that important. The whole thing will take up to 1 hr. depending on how many steps they include. Some places go really fast which I don't find relaxing. Polish if allowed to thoroughly dry will last a couple of weeks. From a guys view painted toes are hot is sandals!!! Relax and enjoy. A word of warnign these can be addicting!!!
they are relaxing. i do get ticklish druing them. there is nothing you should do to perpare yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment