Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If I get a pedicure, and I get aides or hepatitis?

If I get a pedicure, and I have a cut on my foot, could putting my feet in the foot bath cause hepatitis? My Aunt said that you could get aides from getting a pedicure.If I get a pedicure, and I get aides or hepatitis?
did your aunt also tell you that you can get AIDS from a toilet seat, as well???





as long as the spa/salon is well maintained and hygienic (water is changed in front of you, tools are sterilized, etc), then you're fine. your aunt knows nothing.If I get a pedicure, and I get aides or hepatitis?
probably not HIV- the virus that causes AIDS, BUT


you can get HCV that way!





HCV is a blood borne disease. It can only be infectious in blood (up to four days even dried!) as long as it has somehow entered your direct bloodstream....like the cut you mention.





It can take one drop of blood to cause hcv infection- even as small as the blood you DON'T see with the naked eye!





I have observed many possible transmission methods in nail salons....even the ones who write your name on your own box of tools they store until your next visit!





I would say your chances are small, however, it does happen and if it happens just once it's too much!


HCV is very disabling....it is chronic and most folks do not know they have it until considerable amount of damage has been done to the liver as well as other organs.





If you want to know in detail, I can explain, but, simply put, you can LESSON the chance of infection if you buy your own kit at a salon.








EVERYONE has one risk factor for HCV! Get tested!
ya they clean those things out after each use. did you think you were putting your feet in the same water that the last person used? if you are really concerned about catching something then you should just stay at home. all the time.
the HIV virus does not live well outside of the body, if you go to a reputable salon, they should use clean foot baths, the hepatitis virus lives a little longer outside of the body, but unless someone was actively bleeding in the bath, it is really unlikely to catch it from a foot bath, actually even if they were the chances are still so small, as to be almost impossible. you aren't going to drink the water are you? if these virus's were that easy to catch don't you think that the infection rate would be much higher. i think you are pretty safe. they are mostly spread through unprotected sex and sharing needles.
First of all, it's AIDS, not aides. You can get hepatitis from an unwashed glass of water, ok? And why aren't you capable of cutting your own toe nails???

No comments:

Post a Comment